Sunday, September 22, 2013

Beautiful Beginnings

Garry and I rode into Astoria, Oregon to complete the coast to coast journey on the Transamerica Trail. I bid farewell to a wonderful ride filled with emotion, growth and phenomenal people and welcome a whole new journey going down the Pacific Coast. The coast welcomed us with open arms, offering beautiful scenery and breathtaking views from day one. 

On the second night, we stayed with Dee, a warmshowers host, who generously welcomed us into her house complete with a huge garden, dogs, ducks, chickens and turkeys. We met two cyclists staying the night as well-Mark and Tyler from Canada. Upon my request Dee let me borrow her kitchen for the next day. I said goodbye to Garry and the Canadians to celebrate the completion of the transam with a homemade chocolate cake and mashed potatoes. The only thing missing was a bunch of people to eat it all. Lo and behold, four cyclists showed up to Dee's house that night. We shared a wonderful dinner in great company. 

Cheers to a whole new ride. 













1 comment:

  1. Bless you, girl! What an epic adventure. I'm really excited for you and proud of you. And...you look just terrific. That same big smile. I somehow knew that you'd make this one long funfest for everyone. Keep up the riding!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete