Sunday, September 22, 2013

Rain, Rain Go Away

The Oregon Coast was phenomenal. Biking along ridges overlooking the ocean as it crashed violently against the jagged coastline. Tasty clam chowder. Many new cyclists trekking down south--most having started in Washington or Canada. Surf competitions. 

I got a firsthand taste of the rainfall that Oregon maintains for most months of the year. The strong winds blowing anywhere from 20 to 50 mph and the heavy rain halted riding on three separate occasions. I enjoyed cycling in the lighter rain, but on the third day of one storm wave, I woke up in a puddle under my sleeping mat and I had hit my limit for patience with the rain. Brian, Nicole, their kids Raleigh and Olivia and Chappy, a surf/skater living on the coast, took six of us smelly cyclists packing wet gear after a third rainy day. Huge moral saver. We feasted on Mexican burritos, laughed and enjoyed dry shelter. 




   



Megan, Me and Mary Anne


Megan chowing down on ramen noodles. 

Raleigh and Olivia

Chappy and the gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment