Sunday, March 30, 2014

Made it.

I was pleasantly surprised as I was nearing the end of a relatively low key ride, only 6 hours left, and the bus was running on time. 

Lo and behold, not an hour after losing service, and three hours away from Salt Lake, the bus driver pulled the bus over at a gas station saying he needed to check the oil. The back of the bus was covered in oil--no mechanic, no driver able to pick us up--our driver warned us it would be a while. About 6 hours later, after we had all deliriously loitered around the gas station and made fun of each other enough to lead us all back to sleep on a dark bus, a mechanic came to fix it enough to get us up the road. 

Informing us of our 5am departure time, the bus driver lead us to the hotel greyhound was providing for the night. Eager to rest, I quickly got into bed only to find I was adjacent to the room of guys on the bus that were throwing down for a wild hotel party. I don't know how the entire hotel slept through the loud shouting coming from their room. Shortly after finally falling asleep, a loud knock came at 3am from the driver shouting the other bus arrived and we had to go NOW. 

We were all scrambling. I am thankful to report I have made it to salt lake on time, just two hours to spare and to find my luggage had arrived already! It always comes together somehow. 

Colorado



Salt Lake City, UT. Greyhound. 


No comments:

Post a Comment