Wednesday, April 9, 2014

One Crazy Week

I am still alive! And, to reassure you cousin Tracey and any other concerned ones, I have yet to join the mormon religion. I had the honor of meeting 12 awesome individuals piling in from all over the country during my week-long tryout--which consisted of snow, learning to embrace backpacking food (that's for you dad), shelter building, smelly clothes, shivering, laughing, yoga, hiking, water treating and so many things to introduce me to the world of wilderness therapy. I have A LOT to learn. Note: best camp meal=polenta and rice noodles. Who knew?  

What sparked me the most is the shared love and passion of the people in the field for one another and for the students they are working with. Let me also just say that showering after eight days of being in the woods and desert is basically an encounter with God. 

And I got the job! My second success is that I almost peed my pants only once- key word ALMOST. 

Now ensues the scramble of pulling my life together in Salt Lake City and prepping for an insane amount of learning.  Upon completing my paperwork, I currently transported with my tryout buddy to Boulder, CO to make some visits in the state before buckling down.  

Wish me luck and prayers. 



Mt. Pleasant, Utah 


No comments:

Post a Comment